This is a publicly-traded manufacturing company that works in a variety of automotive and transportation industries. Their products and systems are critical elements in the management of mechanical and electrical systems to improve overall vehicle performance, convenience and monitoring in areas such as emissions control, fuel efficiency, safety, security and infotainment.
The Engineering and Continuous Improvement Manager will lead the continuous improvement process, primarily focusing on product and process engineering development activities. They will oversee a global team and define engineering tools to be used. Reports to Engineering Manager (Product Assurance Group).
- Drive development of engineering and continuous improvement methodologies to be applied on all levels across all business units
- Define metrics for product engineering (R&D, advanced, and product projects)
- Direct problem solving of pre-SOP activities with allocated team resources
- Collaborate with product engineering teams on warranty and quality issues pertaining to launch and post-launch
- Enhance product development process to tie validation, launch, and post-launch performance with reliability activities
- Continually grow knowledge of best-in-class processes through attendance in automotive industry workgroups such as AIAG and CLEPA
- B.S. in a technical field (engineering preferred)
- 10+ years’ experience in product development (automotive and/or commercial vehicles preferred)
- 10+ years’ experience utilizing industry-standard tools to manage problem-solving activities and projects (Shainin, Red X/Green Y, Six Sigma, Robust)
- Strong experience in leading projects, teams, development of personnel, and succession planning on a global scale
- Willingness to travel globally as needed