Engineer/Sr. Engineer - Manufacturing Engineering
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, Defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace(Tumkur) Private Limited has an exciting opportunity for a Engineer / Sr. Engineer in Engineering Department. This position works closely with the Manufacturing Engineering Team and responsible for studying & analyzing given 3D solid model or drawing & generating optimum tool path in CATIA-CAM software & verification with VERICUT software (for 3, 4 & 5 axis machine). Proving generated program on CNC machining Centre (HMC/VMC/Turning/Turn mill etc.) having SIEMENS 810-D/ 840-D/ Fanuc /Mazak controller)
- Responsible for studying & Analyzing given 3D solid model or drawing
- Preparation of process (setup) sheet operational drawing & work instruction for operators.
- Fixture Concept designing, using 2D & 3D software like Auto CAD & CATIA
- Selection of the cutting tool’s & its cutting parameter.
- Generating optimum tool path in CATIA-CAM software & verification with VERICUT software (for 3, 4 & 5 axis machine).
- Proving generated program on CNC machining center (HMC/VMC/Turning/Turn mill etc.) having SIEMENS 810-D/ 840-D/ Fanuc /Mazak controller)
- Configuration management of NC program.
- Conduct Continuous Improvement project for optimization of Manufacturing Cost & Cycle time
- Manage the development and implementation of NPI in line with the company procedure ensuring a robust and repeatable manufacturing strategy and method is delivered to production.
- Understanding new manufacturing and Lean processes for the introduction of new products or for the improvement of the existing ones
- Create and manage all company engineering standards including SOP’s with a goal of business standardisation ‘best practice’.
- Keep up to date with current and developing trends in the manufacturing industry, including the cutting tools available for best cutting techniques.
Build good working relationships with the customers (Internal & external)
- Liaise with company project management to understand customer delivery requirements and achieve deadlines.
- Develop and manage all material handing requirements for any new business, from material receipt to delivery to customer.
- Fulfil training programs deemed necessary to allow efficient performance of duties and assist in your own personal development
- To take a responsible approach to health and safety, and environmental risks in relation to your own job role, and to control the risks or report them to management as appropriate
- Any other duties as required, commensurate with your job position
- System related activities like AS 9100, OHSAS MOS etc.
Ideally, the jobholder should possess the following Education Qualifications, Skills and experience.
Education Qualification: BE Mechanical / BE Production / DME (With 5 years’ Experience Min).
Certification (if any): CATIA CAD CAM, VERICUR, AUTO CAD
Indicative Years of Experience Required: 4-8 Years in the relevant field. Experience in the aerospace industry is preferred.
Skills Set Required:
- The applicant should have knowledge & experience of various metal cutting processes like – Turning, Milling, Drilling, boring, slitting etc.
- Hands on experience in CATIA CAM V5 / Auto CAD, Vericut software or Equivalent is must
- Should have knowledge of various cutting tools & holders required for above operation. Knowledge of cutting parameters needed for Aluminium alloy’s, Titanium, Inconel is must.
- Hands on experience in SIEMENS 810D, 840D, FANUC & Mazak control.
- 2D (Manual) & 3D CNC programming knowledge.
- Fluent knowledge of GD&T, fits and tolerances, aerospace materials, special processes & treatments
- Awareness of PFMEA, 5S, 7problem solving QC tools etc.
- Competitive salary
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Group Medical Insurance
- Group Accidental Insurance
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Employee Provident Fund and Gratuity
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)