Engineer (Paint Process Systems)
PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION:
A leading supplier of paint robot systems and robotic paint application equipment in North America. Motivated by principles of “Transparency” and “Strict Preciseness”, the Paint Process Engineering Department looks to develop state-of-the-art robotic paining solutions. We strive to exceed customer expectations and environmental sustainability while promoting employee health and safety. Seeking an experienced engineer looking to promote these principles through teamwork and collaboration.
A Paint Process Engineer’ s responsibilities involve the design, testing, and/or implementation robotic painting solutions for automotive, heavy truck, or Tier I suppliers. Your duties will include a combination of robot program design, robot programming, and spray application engineering.
The Engineering responsibilities will include one or more of the following:
- Install, launch, and optimize the programs at customer sites.
- Develop robot programs offline using ROBOGUIDE and PaintPRO simulation software.
- Perform process system verification testing at modular build and customer sites using the System Verification Manual
- Perform spray testing and customer demonstrations in the laboratory to determine the optimal application settings.
- Provide project and customer troubleshooting and support to existing installations for identified process and application equipment.
- Perform process engineering analysis and feasibility studies of paint automation equipment required for the release of Process Studies.
- Optimize the integration of application equipment, specifically bell atomizers and fluid delivery equipment for projects (e.g. optimize color change, ensure proper settings per system verification manual, etc.).
- Provide training to Engineers and customers on application equipment and process.
- Provide recommendations for robot and application equipment improvements to enhance performance and reduce cost.
- Assist in updates to the system verification manuals and troubleshooting methods.
- Ability to record and interpret paint quality data such as film builds, defects, and color/quality.
- Provide technical expertise and assurance to customers during sales appointments with sales personnel.
- Coordinate with other project team members during system installation.
- Provide feedback and suggestions for product design improvements.
- Follow all customer safety policies.
- Provide progress updates as required to management.
- Process knowledgeable and experienced in fluid delivery systems, rotary atomizer (bells) and spray gun applications.
- Experienced in paint robot programming.
- Experienced with PaintPRO and/or other offline programming software.
- Experience in launching robot systems at customer facilities.
- Root cause analysis through data assessment and problem solving.
- Must be organized and able to manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Strong Interpersonal skills with emphasis on satisfying the Customer.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Solid PC skills (Microsoft 365)
· Bachelor’s degree in a Technical Engineering discipline or equivalent relevant experience
- Paint process experience with paint robots.
- Experience with paint and powder application & equipment including:
- paint spray gun and bell applications.
- pumping / fluid delivery equipment.
Execution portion of this job: requires significant amount of walking and standing on grating and concrete floors.
- Proper use of hand tools.
5. ENVIRONMENT AND SCHEDULING
Exposure to chemicals: 2K, water and solvent based paints.
- Willing to work overtime when required to meet special deadlines in response to customer requirements.
- Domestic and International travel assignments; 80-85 % travel is required. Must be able to travel on short notice.