Our client, a pivotal force in the global commercial vehicle sector, is currently seeking an Engine Test Lab Powertrain Test Engineer to join their technical center in Mt. Vernon, WA. The company has been innovating the transportation industry for over a century.
Why work here?
The client maintains a high regard for their employees’ well-being by providing competitive compensation ($78K-$122.3K) & some of the best benefits on the market (Fully funded pension plan, 10 PTO days & 12 paid holidays, comprehensive health plans, 401K match up to 5%). They are dedicated to the development of cutting-edge commercial vehicle technology and are driving change in the transportation industry. This company is steadily growing and offers employees the opportunity to drive meaningful change.
The Engine Test Lab Powertrain Test Engineer is responsible for running & managing powertrain testing activities for customers, as well as leading technical staff:
- Conduct performance, durability, and emissions testing
- Test, evaluate, and validate new engine and aftertreatment hardware and software
- Operate heavy-duty part 40 CFR Part 1065 test cells with raw emissions measurements
- Troubleshoot engine, powertrain and test cell controls and mechanical malfunctions
- Mentor ETL technical staff about cell & engine operation, emissions measurement practices, data analysis, & quality validation
- Implement processes to improve quality & efficiency of powertrain testing, emissions measurement, & data analysis in the ETL
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, Automotive or related engineering degree
- 3+ years performing powertrain testing
- Understand diesel engine & exhaust aftertreatment system operation & control systems
- General understanding of 40 CFR Part 86, 1036, 1037, and 1065
If you are interested in learning more, please apply to this posting.