Inspect components and ensure serviceability to manuals.
Perks & Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Employee Social & Welfare Association
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Flexible work hours
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• On-site gym
• Free parking
• Required to perform inspection of complete major sub-assemblies & of complete stages of engine build, including the stage prior to “green” and “penalty” run
• Make visual checks of complete engines before strip, inspect oil flow & observe strip operations
• Maintain inspection records & prepare reports relevant to the assigned work
• Examples of inspection work of a degree of complexity appropriate to this classification are: inspecting the assembly & strip of complete compressor rotors, compressor casings, gear boxes, front-, rear-, & centre bearing assemblies, turbine rotors etc.; inspecting complete front- end build stage, rear end build stage, marry-up stage, etc.
• Work to Company assembly inspection manual, blueprints, engineering information, R.C.A.F. specifications, and oral instructions & to required tolerances.
• Interpret manuals & drawings
• Verify the correctness of inspection records, accountability of workmanship
• Ensure engine inspections meet standards to avoid potential engine failure & damage
• Aircraft Maintenance Diploma
• 3-5 yrs experience Aircraft Maintenance
• Industry certification Canadian Aviation Maintenance Council
• 5 plus years OJT
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities!