Euravia Engineering & Supply Co Ltd, a part of Magellan Aerospace Kelbrook, Lancashire has an exciting opportunity for Engine Build Technician.
- Full-time-permanent position
- Weekdays are Monday-Friday 37.5 hours per week.
- Job location: Colne Road, Kelbrook, Lancashire BB18 6SN
Receiving, strip and assembly of PRATT & Whitney Canada PT6 engines to achieve the performance targets and quality standards required in order to maximise customer satisfaction and maintain competitive advantage.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Receiving, strip and assembly of Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6 engines.
- Ensure all tasks achieve agreed quality standards and deadlines in line with customer, OEM and Company requirements.
- Work within production team to achieve optimum levels of performance, being particularly aware of Promised Delivery Dates (PDD) and Turn Times.
- Ensure that processes and procedures are followed to ensure all tasks are performed efficiently and to the required quality standards.
- Ensure positive working relationships and open communications within and across functional teams to facilitate effective team working.
- Identify opportunities for improvement processes, in working practices and team efficiency within the Production arena.
- Employee must be aware of, and adhere to, the Company’s Confidentiality Protection and IT Security Policies.
- Agree personal development needs with the Line Manager and ensure that training action plans are progressed and completed. Self-development is the responsibility of the post-holder.
- Act in accordance with the duties and responsibilities stipulated in the Quality Manual and the CAA / FAA / EASA Management Organisation Exposition.
- Compliance with statutory requirements and regulations and Company procedures.
- GCSE or equivalent including Maths & English.
- Any combination of experience and education to provide required knowledge on gas turbine engines.
- Minimum 5 years experience within the aviation gas turbine engine MRO industry
- Knowledge of Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6 engines will be an advantage.
- Ability to maintain records and to read and interpret the overhaul manuals and the parts catalogues.
- Can communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to initiative and drive the work alone and as part of the Production Team.
- To have Integrity
- Respectful to others
- Creative in finding ways to do things better
- Act ethically in all you do
- Collaborate well with others
Euravia Engineering, A Magellan Aerospace Company is a specialist aviation company providing high quality, cost effective maintenance, repair and overhaul services for a wide range of gas turbines - with particular expertise in the Pratt and Whitney Canada PT6 engine series.
Operating from four purpose-built, fully FAA and EASA approved facilities in Lancashire, England; Euravia offers a Total Support framework for PT6 Engine Operators around the world. Our focus is to address the Customer's unique individual requirements, delivering first class turboprop engine performance and reliability alongside peerless customer service, with efficient turn times and cost-effective pricing.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.