Assembly & disassembly of engines & components. Assisting Engine Assembler.
Perks and Benefits
• Unionized role
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, children’s events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
• Employee Social & Charity Association
• Employee Assistance Program
• On-site gym
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
• Free parking
• Construct sub-assemblies, assembler detail parts & sub-assemblies to major assemblies & engines
• Work to production assembly procedures, which, are established by previous shop practice or are given by oral instruction
• Required to perform strip operations as required, minor alterations, & make flow & Pressure checks
• Required to perform all spray & “touch-up” brush painting work to parts, & assemblies for engines, for test rigs, etc.
• Assist Engine Assembler “A”
• Formal education in Aerospace &/or related 3-5 yrs., work experience in a turbine engine repair & overhaul facility
• Technical training (gas turbine engine, advanced turbine engine)
• Ability to work with : precision measuring instruments, hand tools, photographs, blueprints, process summary sheets, planning instructions, change notices & oral instructions
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject