Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Mississauga has a great opportunity for an Engine Assembler “B”. The successful incumbent will be responsible for the assembly and disassembly of engines and components as well as assisting Engine Assembler “A”.
- Construct sub-assemblies, assembler detail parts & sub-assemblies to major assemblies & engines
- Work to production assembly procedures, which, are established by previous shop practice or are given by oral instruction
- Required to perform strip operations as required, minor alterations, & make flow & Pressure checks
- Required to perform all spray & “touch-up” brush painting work to parts, & assemblies for engines, for test rigs, etc.
- Assist Engine Assembler “A”
- Formal education and/or 3-5 years of work experience in a turbine engine repair & overhaul facility
- Technical training (gas turbine engine, advanced turbine engine)
- Good communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site gym
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)