This is a wonderful opportunity for a strong and passionate person to come in and become part of the department’s growth, working closely with the Employee Relations Manager. The ideal candidate will be very flexible and adjust with the ever-changing needs of the organization and the people.REPORTING STRUCTURE
Reports to the Employee Relations Manager and is based in Lansing, IL. RESPONSIBILITIESHR PROCESSES
- Timekeeping management by process payroll, maintaining time and attendance program and partnering with supervisors by providing timekeeping support and training.
- Administers the leave of absence processes, including but not limited to FML, ADA, disability, and any other forms of leave required under state/federal law and/or company policy.
- Benefits Administration: Administer employee benefit programs and customer service. Maintains knowledge of all company benefit programs and benefits laws.
- Support HR manager as an initial point of contact for employees with HR inquiries and requests by providing guidance with issues and concerns regarding HR Policy.
- Legal Compliance with local, state and federal guidelines.
- Provide ideas and planning for employee recognition programs and other company sponsored employee programs and events to foster employee engagement.
- Partner with HR Manager to collect data to measure employee engagement.
- Support organizational community social responsibility programs.
- Support in the development and coordination of training programs.
- Support Wellness initiatives to encompass participation at all levels of the organization.
- Recruiting - Assists the recruitment and selection process and ensures that open positions are filled in an effective and efficient manner.
- Employee Onboarding - Participate in the onboarding by presenting select topics to provide a positive experience for new members.
Strategic Focus, Drive for Results, Builds Relationships, Models the Way, Organizational Agility TECHNICAL COMPETENCY REQUIRED:
- Assists and follows the steps involved in recruitment, selection, progression, and transition.
- Applies the recruitment and selection process and discusses growth opportunities.
- Promotes LOF culture, values and goals.
- Knowledge of LOF current performance management and reward programs.
- Discusses the impact of the competency model and the connection to the organization’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Develops learning materials according to specifications with supervision.
- Ensures compliance with local, state and federal guidelines.
- 2+ years’ experience in Human Resources, with a focus on Recruitment, Retention and Employee Relations.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish).
- Experience managing Paycom system preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Solid understanding of employment laws and regulations and employee benefits.
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive base salary and benefits package.