Emergency Room Technician
The ER Technician, under the direction of the ED Provider (MD, NP, PA) and/or the Registered Nurse, assists the medical and nursing staff of the department with providing direct and indirect safe patient care and performing related duties and procedures within their scope of practice.
- Ability to prioritize patient care, treatments and procedures when given multiple tasks simultaneously
- Manages patient care supplies by assuring that patient rooms and specialty carts are stocked
- Processes sterile instruments according to best practice and standards adopted by the organization
- Participates in improving ED Throughout by running labs, cleaning rooms, rooming patients
- Reports any unusual events or patient care issues to supervising RN or ED Provider
- Ensures open and timely communication with patients and their family members and other members of the healthcare team
- Certification in any of the following areas; Medical Assistant (MA), Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA), Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or Patient Care Technician (PCT)
- One year experience in the Emergency Department or Urgent Care preferred; equivalent experience will be considered; experience to include proficiency in lab draws and splinting.
- Current CPR for Healthcare Providers certification, or ability to obtain certification within 30 days of hire
To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!