Emergency Department Physician Assistant Opportunity
If you are an ED PA that is ready to make a change and take your career to the next level, this is an opportunity that is unmatched in the region.
This scenic location is a great escape from the big city and a chance to work among the best. Finding a balance between work and a fulfilling life outside of work is no easy task.
If you appreciate scenic views, beautiful natural forests, fishing, world class golf courses, and affordable housing this would be the perfect place to settle down and become a member of a tight knit community.
Physician Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- Promotes and maintains patient health by providing medical services under the supervision of a physician.
- Contributes to a physician’s efficiency by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues.
- Recommends options and courses of action for patient care.
- Implements physician directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients and performing physical examination including obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as X-rays and laboratory studies and interpreting test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations, suturing, and managing wounds and infections.
- Instructs and counsels patients by providing normal growth and development information and providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living.
- Provides community of care by developing and implementing patient-management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols. Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; and enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experimental growth opportunities.
Physician Assistant Qualifications/Skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Health promotion and maintenance
- Clinical skills
- Physiological knowledge
- Bedside manner
- Infection control
- Administering medication
- Pain management
- Clinical skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduate from an ARC-PA accredited physician assistant program
- Minnesota State license
- BLS certification
- National Provider Identifier (NPI)
If you are in a position to make a change or are just curios to see what else is out there, take the next step and apply now or reach out to the recruiter listed below. We will be happy to share more information about this opportunity, guide you through the interview process, and keep your information confidential. This may be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
McCall and Lee
(214) 618 5007