Our Financial Services client is looking for Sr. Software Engineer within the embedded systems space to join their growing team.
A Full-time permanent role
Remote due to the pandemic, Kitchener Waterloo area.
The Senior Software Engineer works collaboratively with engineering management, product managers and other software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing installed or SAAS solutions for clients within the financial services industry.
- Work closely with executive leadership, product managers and other software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing SAAS solution for clients within the financial services industry
- Develop and coordinate estimates for software defects, new features, and enhancements that are included in service releases
- Participate in discussions regarding new product development and product enhancements
- Participate in high-level estimates for proposed projects, poker planning for future features, and task estimates for software defects and features at sprint planning
- 5+ years of SW Engineering/Development in Linux, C/C++ embedded development
- 2+ years of experience with cross-compile and multi-threaded application development
- 2+ years of experience working in an Agile (SCRUM) environment
- 2+ years experience with GIT.
- Experience with Design Patterns
Nice to have:
- 2+ years experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- 1+ years experience with Front-End Web tools to include - CSS and HTML
- 2+ years of experience with Python for test automation.
- 1+ years of Jenkins experience
- Familiarity with Network IOT protocols
Bachelors and 8 years or HS/GED and 12 years
STACK IT Recruitment Inc., based in Mississauga, places candidates throughout the Greater Toronto Area. We pride ourselves in being the number one recruitment company in information technology. Don’t take our word for it – our track record of placing highly qualified candidates speaks for itself!