Title: Embedded Firmware Engineer
City: Santa Clara
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Embedded Firmware Engineer to work on-site with our client; a world-class, Fortune 500 Life Sciences company in Santa Clara, CA.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Design and implement software/firmware for a data acquisition package running in Linux and Windows development environment.
- Interact with peers from the SW development community, product and project management, and hardware development teams to develop a good understanding of the entire product
- Participate in engineering discussions to advance our software architecture and design, execute unit tests, and ensure that found defects and enhancement requests are clearly documented in our defect tracking system.
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate, using various tracking systems (e.g. electronic project notebook) or similar tools/means.
- 5+ years of experience as software/firmware engineer using C/C++ and Linux. Experience with C#, Java, Python and DSP architectures is a plus.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experienced in software development tools like ClearCase and Visual Studio
- Experienced in software lifecycle tools like JIRA, including workflows, reporting and Scrum boards
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good team player working well with other engineers and scientists
- Available for flexible work schedule
- US citizens, Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H-1b candidates at this time.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible.Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.