Currently seeking a Electrophysiology Technologist for a great opportunity in the Savannah, GA area. The ideal candidate will possess 2 years current experience working in acute care hospital and have 5 years experience working in a Electrophysiology Technologist.
Requirements of the Electrophysiology Technologist
- Proof of high school graduation or GED will be required.
- Must possess an A.S. degree in medical technology or related field.
- BLS Required
- Radiologic Technology Training Program that is an approved ARRT program
- Passed boards or registry for ARRT or credentialed by RCIS; ACLS within six months of hire
- One year experience as a Radiographer or RCIS required
- One year experience as a Special Procedures Tech preferred
Responsibilities of the Electrophysiology Technologist
· Scrub in and assist the physician in the diagnostic or interventional procedures
· Prep and circulate within the procedure room and procure all equipment needed for given procedures
· Assess the patient for factors that may indicate or contraindicate the procedure, such as medications, insufficient patient preparation or artifacts etc.
· Verify clinical information according to departmental policies (Red Rules, Time out)
· Demonstrate a thorough understanding and working knowledge of normal anatomy, abnormal anatomy, and physiology, radiation safety, interventional supplies and equipment operation
· Recognize and resolve equipment operations, problems, and discrepancies, anticipate patient needs and concerns and determine the appropriate care needed
· Administer intravascular contrast media and medication according to protocol
· Archives images to data storage devices according to established guidelines and practice radiation protection for themselves, patients, and others.