Electrophysiology Technologist (EP)
Currently seeking a Electrophysiology Technologist for a great opportunity in the Northern TX area. The ideal candidate will possess 2 years current experience working in acute care hospital and have 1 year experience working as a Electrophysiology Technologist.
Requirements of the Electophysiology Technologist (EP)
- Proof of high school graduation or GED will be required.
- 2 years current experience working in acute care hospital
- 1 year experience working in a Electrophysiology Technologist
- Ability to maintain accurate medical record transcriptions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Problem solving skill set
- Works collaboratively with healthcare professionals for quality patient care
Responsibilities of the Electophysiology Technologist (EP)
- Demonstrate advance technical proficiency for all Electrophysiology procedures while functioning in Cardiovascular Scrub Technician and Electrophysiology Recorder. This includes but is not limited to the following procedures; a). Diagnostic Electrophysiology studies b). Interventional electrophysiology, Ablation c). Permanent Pacemaker, Implantable cardiac defibrillator, d). Biventricular Pacemaker and Defibrillator e). Laser Lead Extraction f). Vascular Closure devices all of which can occur on an Elective or Emergent basis.
- Demonstrate advance knowledge to identify cardiac structures, advanced anatomy of all heart chambers coronary vasculature, the physiology behind the dysrythmia’s disease processes and assist the physician in either obtaining or entering data into the Electrophysiology Physiologic Monitoring System(s) for accurate assessment. Must verify accurate information is gathered during procedure as well as homodynamic data.
- Practices radiation safety and observes all principles to ALARA which includes advance knowledge of all regulations, requirements set forth by the Texas Bureau of Radiation Control, the Methodist Radiation Safety Committee and the proper use and storage of personal radiation badge.
- Will accurately report life threatening arrhythmias by demonstrating proficiency in the assessment of Cardiac function, using homodynamic as well as Electrophysiology data.
- Understands the abnormal physiology or disease process such as; Cardiomyopathy, Myocardial Infarction, Valvular disorders, bypass tracts, WPW and their relationship to the condition.
- Assures that Angiographic and procedural data is properly archived for long-term storage and assures the presence of all components of procedure information in both hard copy and computerized formats.
- Is required to assist and train new staff and existing staff members, in the scrub/recorder arena.