Electronics Design Engineer
Position: Electronics Design Engineer
Locations: Houston, TX
The Company provides a broad range of technical solutions and equipment to our customers. We provide the right people, the best equipment, and the most convenient locations to deliver expert energy services for every phase of the website. This includes drilling, completions, re-fracking, production, workover, and plug and abandonment. From technical services and wireline to rentals and accommodations, we keep our customer's operations running economically, effectively, and safely.
At the Company, you'll work side-by-side with devoted professionals. You’ll enjoy the benefits of a strong and evolving company, such as excellent compensation and benefits packages, limitless opportunities for professional growth, and a voice in shaping our future. All while working in an environment that emphasizes teamwork, integrity, and professionalism.
We are currently seeking an Electronics Engineer for our Willis Tx location.
Electronics Design Engineer contributes to the design and development of products, solutions, and systems. This includes activities linked to new product development and improving existing products and components. This role will be supporting our Directional Drilling MWD department.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schematic design, PCB Layout, and ability to troubleshoot/debug PCBs required.
- Evaluating and qualifying electronic components, developing circuitry from these components, and integrating these circuits into a printed circuit board (PCB) design.
- Use electronics lab equipment to analyze operational data, conduct experimental tests and evaluate results. Equipment may include function generators, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and DMMs.
- Analog signal conditioning, digital logic, power management, microcontrollers/embedded firmware, ADCs, DAC, etc.
- Works with various electronic technologies for motor control, dc/dc power conversion, digital communication, analog sensor reading, and others.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma/Equivalent
- Degree Field (s): Less than three years experience, then Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering required.
- Work Experience: 3 years
- Related Experience:
- Ability to troubleshoot electronic circuits to component level.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Degree Field (s): Electrical Engineering
- Work Experience: 4-6 years
- Related Experience:
- Experience in MWD electronics and Embedded Firmware in C is a plus.
- Precise hand/eye coordination: Occasionally
- Basic keyboarding or other repetitive motions: Constantly
- Operation of heavy equipment or process of vehicles: Not Applicable
- Lifting/pushing objects weighing over: 50 lbs: Not Applicable
- Climbing and working in awkward and cramped positions: Not Applicable
Click here to apply online