Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Ryan Stubbs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties & Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 40-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for Industrial Shift Electricians to join our client’s growing team.
Basic duties of the Industrial Shift Electrician include performing corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance on industrial production equipment. You will be required to troubleshoot complex electrical and mechanical systems while working individually or as a part of a team with other maintenance and production personnel.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Two year degree, successful completion of electrical trade school, or a minimum of 3 years industrial electrical experience (Manufacturing preferred)
- A strong emphasis on safety and good safety practices
- Experience in industrial electrical equipment including electrical distribution, and machine control systems
- Practical experience in electrical theory as it relates to electric motors, transformers and other 3 phase electrical equipment
- PLC system programming and troubleshooting experience
- Knowledge of control and automation systems
- Extensive experience with AC and DC motors and drives
- Basic knowledge of mechanical systems, hydraulics and pneumatics
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics for repair, installation and maintenance of industrial production equipment
- Experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience in a team-based work environment
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or a related field
- US Navy Nuclear training
- Experience working with high voltage
- Knowledge of automation and networking equipment and processes including: PID/closed loop control systems, Cisco Networking tools and standards, WonderWare HMI programming and troubleshooting, Process instrumentation, Protection Equipment, NFPA 70E
- Overhead crane knowledge and repair experience
- Rockwell, ABB PLC's system building, programming and troubleshooting experience
- ABB, AB Variable Frequency Drive experience
- Demonstrated computer skill set including experience with MS Work, Excel, Powerpoint and AutoCAD
Our client offers a full benefits package including medical/dental, 401K, profit sharing and educational reimbursement.
Keywords: electrician, electrical maintenance, industrial repair, industrial maintenance, electrical repair, industrial electrician, journeyman electrician, junior controls engineer, PLC, motors, drives, steel, aluminum, sheet, plate, bar, navy, naval, navy nuclear, navy, nuke, repair, maintenance, electrical engineer