Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Ryan Stubbs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties & Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 40-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel. We are searching for Industrial Shift E&I Technician to join our client’s growing team.
Basic duties of the Industrial Shift E&I Technician include performing corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance on industrial production equipment. You will be required to troubleshoot complex electrical and mechanical systems while working individually or as a part of a team with other maintenance and production personnel. The Industrial Shift E&I Technician must be able to function safely in an industrial manufacturing environment.
Qualifications for the position include:
- A strong emphasis on safety and good safety practices
- 2+ years of hands-on work experience in industrial electrical/instrumentation maintenance and/or related formal education
- PLC/DCS system programming and troubleshooting experience
- Knowledge of control and automation systems
- Experience with industrial instrumentation, and control networks
- Extensive experience with AC and DC motors and VFD drives
- Experience with power distribution (120V centers to 230kV utility)
- Use computer and various software to enter data, prepare documents and revise AutoCad drawings
- Basic knowledge of mechanical systems, hydraulics and pneumatics
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics for repair, installation and maintenance of industrial production equipment
- Operate mobile equipment (cranes, forklifts, vehicles)
- Experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or a related field
- Journeyman license or US Navy Nuclear training
Our client offers a full benefits package including medical/dental, 401K, profit sharing and educational reimbursement.
Keywords: electrician, electrical maintenance, industrial repair, industrial maintenance, electrical repair, industrial electrician, journeyman electrician, junior controls engineer, PLC, motors, drives, steel, aluminum, sheet, plate, bar, navy, naval, navy nuclear, navy, nuke, repair, maintenance, electrical engineer