Locations: Blytheville, AR
Basic Job Functions:
The person selected for this position will support our Maintenance and Production Teams via Electrical and Mechanical Troubleshooting in a given area of our mill. The selected person will also be expected to demonstrate Safety-Minded support of our entire Maintenance Team while seeking to provide World-Class Reliability for our Customers. The chosen person will be expected to express interest in establishing Trusted Relationships, Relentless Improvement, Listening, Learning, and Teaching. The person assigned to this position will be expected to work a Rotating Shift (Days/Nights), including weekends and holidays when required. Safety is essential to all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must consistently demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards.
- Thorough understanding of Engineering and Maintenance Principles
- Several Years’ Experience with Industrial Electrical Maintenance Troubleshooting and Repair
- Experience with Medium-High Voltage Ability to read electrical schematics.
- Power to troubleshoot electrical systems and equipment.
- Proficient in the use of electrical test equipment.
- Some related industrial maintenance and automation experience in a manufacturing facility, equivalent electrical training, or equivalent military experience.
Proven Knowledge and expertise in:
- PC, PLC, PID Control, and Visualization Programming
- AC Motors and Drives / Maintenance and Control of DC Motors
- Electrical, Pneumatic, and Hydraulic LOTO
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic Troubleshooting
- Industrial Motor Starter Circuit Layout and Troubleshooting
- Industrial Instrumentation
- Usage and Limitations of Various Electrical Troubleshooting Tools and Instruments
Detailed Selection Criteria:
- Teamwork– Working as part of a coordinated effort with others to achieve a common goal.
- Initiative - Being proactive with seeking out work that needs to be done and being willing to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Accountability & Dependability-Displays responsibility and reliability is committed to fulfilling work obligations and can hold others accountable for desired results.
- Communication Skills -The ability to give full attention to what others are saying and communicate information so that others will understand.
- Problem Solving & Judgment/Decision Making - Identifying problems and analyzing or reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options to choose the most appropriate solution.
- Maintenance Systems and Techniques/Electrical Knowledge - Knowledge of servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment. Knowledge of electrical theory, including troubleshooting, installing, repairing, and maintaining electronic equipment.
- Attention to Detail - Thoroughly accomplishing tasks, no matter how small, and ensuring that expectations are met.
- 4 Weeks Day Shift
- 4 Weeks Night Shift
Click here to apply online