One of our valued clients, a leading global packaging solutions provider, is currently hiring a skilled and dedicated Electrician to join their team. As an Electrician, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting electrical systems and equipment within their manufacturing facility. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to the success of operations while enjoying competitive compensation and prospects for professional growth in a dynamic and innovative company.
**This position will be on 3rd Shift.**
- Provide maintenance support to all areas of the facility and production environment. While the focus will be primarily electrical and electronic systems support there will be occasions where mechanical skills and work will be needed and as directed.
- The primary tasks will include isolation and repair of electrical/electronic controls circuits to the component level.
- Be proficient in the use of electrical/electronic test instruments for problem isolation.
- The ability to use blueprints and circuit diagrams to understand and effectively solve problems.
- The proper use of hand tools to aid in the repairs of machinery.
- Understanding of both AC and DC electric power and controls circuits.
- Proficient in the diagnosis of PLC systems to determine proper inputs and output commands, and the ability to use a laptop computer with specific programs to the PLC to understand faults and problem isolation.
- Understand the various sensors and controls for a specific machine design.
- Proficient in motor control and feedback devices that will control DC, AC, and Servo motors.
- The ability to install/replace existing VFD, DC, or Servo drives/amps and initiate the proper programing for full operation to factory specifications.
- Proficient in electrical heating circuits and temperature feedback devices for monitoring and controls.
- Mechanical repairs and maintains, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as production machines, conveyor systems and equipment.
- Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Dismantles machines and equipment to gain access to problem area, using hand tools and power tools.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
- Removes and replaces worn and defective parts.
- Follow all safety guidelines and company policies.
- Must be able to work an 8-hour shift.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- **This position will be on 3rd Shift.**
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in maintenance with exposure to machinery, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Ideal to have in possession a certificate or career program degree in Industrial Electric Systems or applicable trade school programs.
- The ability to read, understand and comprehend written or oral instruction, technical data, blueprints, etc. and the ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Must have own tools and possess good mechanical aptitude to be able to troubleshoot machinery.
- Ability to properly use all power and non-power hand tools to safely perform job tasks.
- Ability to operate a forklift, scissor lift, boom lift and obtain annual certification.
Click here to apply online
- Employee will work in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs., standing, walking, climbing, bending, twisting, crouching, push/pull, reach above shoulders a great amount of time and hand/finger dexterity required.