Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defense and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace Middletown is looking for a reliable and hard-working Electrician. As a key member of our manufacturing team, successful the individual will Install, service and repair electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical components of industrial machinery and equipment lines, controls, main switch panels and power within the plant systems.
- Installs, tests, thermal surveys, trouble-shoots, diagnoses, repairs and maintains a variety of major or minor type electrical (non-electronic) equipment and machinery.
- Locates systems and repairs all types of electrical troubles on power lines, electrical controls, and circuits, and main switch panels.
- Sets up a variety of electronic test tools, conducts functional tests, runs equipment or system through the necessary cycles to detect any variation from specification. (Non-electronic)
- Designs and builds electrical circuitry as required.
- Makes and installs temporary or substitute parts until standard of required parts are obtained. (Non-electronic)
- Uses electrician hand and power tools and electrical testing equipment.
- Works all type of electrical appliances including automatic and remote control systems.
- Trouble shoot, maintain and repair line and low voltage controls.
- Performs and documents PM related tasks.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package
• Generous 401k & Pension Plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program
• Company social events including cook outs, holiday party, offsite meetings, service awards, spin the wheel, department outings to sporting events, and more!
• Employee Engagement Committee
• Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
• Employee discounts on tickets to exclusive events and entertainment
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.