Our client is currently seeking a Licensed Maintenance Electrician for our straight afternoon shift to support production in electrical and robotic maintenance.
What We Offer
- Extended health care benefits (drug plan, dental, vision, safety shoe allowance and much more!)
- Competitive increases
- Quarterly company profit share
- Hourly shift premiums
- Flexible opportunity for overtime
- Full time hours
- Team atmosphere and career development
- Non-union work Environment
We are committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Please inform us if you require accommodation in the hiring process.
A Licensed Maintenance Electrician skill will be utilized to install, maintain, troubleshoot, upgrade, overhaul and repair electrical components and equipment. As part of the Electrical Service Team you may be required to support other service members within the service infrastructure. or outside contractors. This may include electrical support related to process manufacturing equipment and building or manufacturing infrastructure. The focus of the position is to enhance the electrical safety for personnel and equipment while maximizing process production within the means provided and abiding by the laws of the land pertaining to Electrical Codes.
- Perform tasks as directed by the Electrical Supervisor
- Perform tasks as directed within the scope of the Electrical Safety Code of Ontario
- Perform tasks as trained by Corporate Safety Policies (i.e. lock out tag out) as well as following all other relevant safety procedures (i.e. arc flash procedures) to ensure your safety as well as the safety of co-workers
- Utilize equipment tools, materials and best practices to fulfill the required tasks at hand in the most effective way possible
- Upgrade personal training accreditation's to match the skill requirements necessary for the tasks at hand (i.e. man lift training)
- Maintains time, work order, material, equipment, and other electrical shop records. Generate reports as needed.
- Support personnel requiring electrical skills to complete the tasks at hand.
- Update and record changes to drawings or documentation according to the task at hand and best practices established within the company.
- Communication skills required to provide technical assistance or provide input to keep the Electrical Service Department functioning at optimum efficiency.
- Troubleshoots and diagnose electrical system problems.
- Responds to emergency situations to ensure continuity of operations
Regular Job Activities
- Protect Self and Others
- Communicate with Supervisor and Fellow Support Staff
- Utilize the Information Provided including the Electrical Safety Code
- Utilize Tools Provided and maintain functionality of the tools
- Use Meters and Measuring Equipment
- Utilize computers to generate reports, communicate with PLC, HMI, VFD and networks
- Preform Preventative and Predictive Maintenance
- Debug production issues
- Upgrade infrastructure and equipment processes
Click here to apply online
- Licensed Industrial Electrician or Construction- Maintenance Electrician with at least 5 years of related work experience in manufacturing environment.
- Hands on experience with predictive and preventive maintenance practices.
- Hands on experience with power, control and communication systems and circuits
- PLC, VFD, HMI and Instrumentation background for various manufacturers
- Knowledge of analogue and digital control applications
- Ability to interpret blueprints and engineering drawings.
- High level of analytical ability.
- High level of interpersonal/communication skills to work effectively with others
- Knowledge of and ability to ensure a safe industrial work environment.
- Computer skills.
- Time management and organizational skills