Field Electrician – we need 1
- Hourly Rate - $33.00
- Per Diem - $85.00 per night
- Direct Hire – after 90 days
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in the electrical field with motor controls, PLC’s, Digital Drives and troubleshooting.
- Excellent computer, verbal, and written skills
- Experienced with variable speed driver control, PLC’s, Electro-pneumatic, troubleshooting, and electronic control systems.
- Flexibility with travel based on company needs and overall company objectives
- Electrical Shovel experience is preferred
- Must be able to read and understand electrical schematics
- Experience with high voltage preferred
- Underground mobile equipment maintenance is a plus
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Competency Level: Grade 13
The Electrician III will work directly under the supervision of a Supervisor or Manager in a field environment.
- Primary focus on a safe work environment and employing safe work practices on a consistent basis.
- Responsible for the installation and assistance of new product upgrades, maintenance of existing shovels, draglines and drills.
- Assistance with troubleshooting, new machine builds and relocation of machines.
- Use of broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ingenuity to work independently toward ultimate objectives on involved and complex projects, to devise methods and procedures to meet unusual conditions and to make original contributions to solution of complex problems.
- Assist customers and/or colleagues in troubleshooting and repairs on mining equipment.
- Assist Technical Service Representative with the validation of product applications prior to formal product release.
- Responsibility to prevent damages due to mistakes or carelessness to equipment or materials.
- Maintain equipment and work area on a daily basis in a clean and orderly conditions.
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency.
- Minimize rework by closely following work scopes and manufacturing operation procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to identify, organizes, estimate, and recognize differences or similarities with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to perform at the highest level of technical competency in the specified skilled trade.
- Working in a diverse team environment.
- Flexible work schedule and travel based on needs and overall company objectives.
- Must be able to read and understand electrical and mechanical schematics.
- Excellent computer, verbal, and written skills.
- Ability to accept of criticism and deal calmly and effectively with stressful situation.
- Ability to use a wide range of diagnostic and functional tools and specialty instruments.
- Use of advance trades mathematics, together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, chart, tables, handbook formula; all varieties of precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to train personnel
- This position requires working well under pressure; meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines and at all times demonstrates cooperative behavior with coworkers and Leadmen.
- Ability to define problem, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Conduct technical discussions with customers, supervisors/managers and colleagues.
- At times supervise the build or relocation of machines and upgrades.
- Plan and track jobs, order materials needed for jobs.
- Learn new technology as it relates to technology products as they are developed.
Technical Skill Requirement:
- Forklift Task Trained
- Fire Extinguisher Task Trained
- Confined Space Task Trained
- LOTO Task Trained
- Fall Protection Task Trained
- Crane Task Trained
Moderate physical demand, continuous lifting or moving light weight to moderate weight materials and working in difficult work positions.
- Vertical lifting
- Upper extremity push/pull
- Repetitive coupling
- Climbing steps/ladders
- Crouching, crawling, and standing for long period of time.
- Repetitive posture
- Static posture
- Walking Kneeling
- Constant use hands/fingers to grasp, pinch, pull, feel, or handle and manipulate parts and tools.
- Current MSHA, valid driver license and able to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screen and physical job requirements. Participate in pre-employment background screening.
- Consistently promotes the Joy Global Safety First attitude which includes but is not limited to:
- Understands and complies with all established Cardinal Rules
- Working safely, promoting the safety of coworkers
- Constantly looking for ways to improve and maintain a safe working environment by completing risk analysis documentation (FLRA’s, Near Miss Cards and Safety Observations, JSA/SOPs, critical lift, confined space permitting, and equipment pre-op inspections).
- Equivalent to complete accredited apprenticeship in a recognized trade, craft or occupation; or equivalent to a 1 year technical college education.
- AAS with over 5 years with motor controls, circuit’s installations, read and understand schematics, PLC’s, Digital Drives and general troubleshooting.
- Ability to communicate information clearly and directly co-workers and supervisory personnel both verbally and in writing.