Duties & Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 50-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for Electrical/Automation Technician to join our client’s growing team.
Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Ryan Stubbs at email@example.com
Basic duties of the Electrical/Automation Technician include PLC, HMI troubleshooting and programming, performing corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance on industrial production equipment. You will be required to troubleshoot complex electrical and mechanical systems while working individually or as a part of a team with other maintenance and production personnel.
Qualifications for the position include:
- 3+ years troubleshooting and modifying PLC programming
- 2 year technical degree in electrical or controls field and a minimum of 5 years of experience in industrial electrical maintenance
- Strong AC/DC motor and controls experience
- Experience replacing and installing AC/DC motor drives
- Knowledge of NFPA 70E
- Knowledge of LOTOTO
- A strong emphasis on safety and good safety practices
- Experience with electrical troubleshooting
- Diagnose and repair issues with equipment; electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Controls Engineering
- 5+ years PLC programming and controls experience
- Strong hydraulic knowledge and experience
- Work experience in a high volume metal products manufacturing environment
Our client offers a full benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401K, profit sharing and educational reimbursement.