Basic duties of the Industrial Electrical Technician include performing corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance on industrial production equipment. You will be required to troubleshoot complex electrical and mechanical systems while working individually or as a part of a team with other maintenance and production personnel including AC/DC drives, PLCs, HMIs and overhead cranes.
The Industrial Electrical Technician must be able to function safely in an industrial manufacturing environment.
Completion of a diploma, degree or certification program in the electrical field
- 2+ years of electrical maintenance experience including PLCs, VFDs, and controls
- A strong emphasis on safety and good safety practices
- PLC system programming and troubleshooting experience
- Knowledge of control and automation systems
- Extensive experience with AC and DC motors and drives
- Basic knowledge of mechanical systems, hydraulics and pneumatics
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics for repair, installation and maintenance of industrial production equipment
- Experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or a related field
- Journeyman license or US Navy Nuclear training
Our client offers a full benefits package including medical/dental, 401K, profit sharing and educational reimbursement.
Keywords: electrician, electrical maintenance, industrial repair, industrial maintenance, electrical repair, industrial electrician, journeyman electrician, junior controls engineer, PLC, motors, drives, steel, aluminum, sheet, plate, bar, navy, naval, navy nuclear, navy, nuke, repair, maintenance, electrical engineer