Duties / Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 50-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for an Electrical Supervisor to join our client's growing team.
Basic responsibilities of the Electrical Supervisor include:
- Providing leadership in safety, reliability, quality, costs and project management.
- Providing team development and overall direction for the facility’s electrical maintenance standards and procedures
- Responsible for the development and execution of reliability based maintenance programs to ensure optimum performance of equipment
- Overseeing all electrical systems including high voltage substations and power distribution and material handling systems
Qualifications for the position include:
- 3+ years work experience in electrical maintenance or equivalent technical experience
- 2+ years supervisory experience in team development, electrical maintenance and project management
- 2+ years of experience in automation, controls and power transmission
- Proven knowledge of electrical maintenance and engineering fundamentals
- Demonstrated commitment to safety
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven troubleshooting and problem solving skills with the ability to take initiative and find solutions
- Demonstrated leadership skills and team-building experience
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to analyze data, think strategically and make decisions
- Ability to contribute effectively in a team environment
- Proven understanding of fundamental mechanical principles
Preferred qualifications include:
- Four year electrical degree or equivalent experience