The Electrical Supervisor reports directly to the Maintenance Manager.
- Schedule and supervise work arranged by the Maintenance Planner to maintain equipment and meet production requirements
- Oversee the activities of direct reports to ensure day-to-day and project responsibilities are completed in accordance with plant guidelines and timelines
- Ensure the proper functioning of all electrical and control systems
- Proactively manage health & safety
- Provide input into the design and implementation of automation engineering projects
- Provide technical assistance for electricians in the installation and troubleshooting of electrical and control equipment
- Prioritize expenditures to stay within budget and assist in preparation of capital and operations budgets
- Programming and troubleshooting of PLC’s & DCS’s.
- Participate in the salaried electrical department on-call system.
- Maintain close interaction with production and maintenance groups, as well as the plant Environmental Engineer.
- Knowledge of material flow and process in order to carry out safe repairs.
- Troubleshoot and identify all types of electrical and instrumentation problems.
- Knowledge of SAP system, familiarity with parts location, and the ability to charge and reorder material.
- Prepare specifications for electrical and instrumentation equipment for requests for quotations.
- Implement company policies and procedures, including Union contract.
- Ensure that Electrical department tools and equipment are in good working condition and appropriate stocks of consumables are maintained to allow maintenance activities to occur as scheduled
- Develop the technical skills and overall capability of the workforce
- At least 8 years of electrical repair and maintenance experience preferred
- Electrical Technician or Licensed Electrician or equivalent
- Strong understanding of preventive/predictive/corrective maintenance principles, techniques, and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, and motivate others
- Project management skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills to ensure coordination of work and completion of tasks
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT email@example.com
- 3 or more years cement plant supervisory experience
- Good MS Project and Excel skills
Cement & Lime