PURPOSE: The Electrical Supervisor will supervise the electrical/instrument crew in the Pulp Mill, Recovery & Utilities, and Woodyard areas of this integrated paper mill on the East Coast. The Supervisor will ensure the mill’s equipment and facilities are appropriately maintained in the most efficient and economical manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise directly the daily activities of the electrical & instrumentation craft and assist in handling of first level labor relations.
- Ensure the safety and health of all employees as related to work activities and compliance to federal, state, and local safety regulations. Efforts to achieve this end shall be directed to training of employees to perform their jobs safely without committing unsafe acts and maintaining a high standard of housekeeping.
- Attend Daily Approval Meetings to review maintenance notifications, review associated maintenance production problems, and schedule daily and downtime maintenance based on priorities.
- Make tours daily of mill and craft shop area inspecting jobs being carried out, checking for problems, conferring with production personnel in regard to jobs being carried out, making job reassignments, making safety observations, ensuring good housekeeping, etc.
- Ensure that maintenance work is carried out at a minimum cost in labor, materials, and lost production.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining the mill's preventive maintenance program for area of responsibility.
- Assist in implementing the mill’s quality improvement and compliance programs including ensuring that ISO procedures are adhered to.
- Maintain harmonious relations with employees by administering contract provisions and company policies to avoid breach of contract, to ensure conformance to work rules and regulations, and to administer appropriate disciplinary measures when necessary.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Provide weekend coverage of all mill maintenance operations as scheduled.
- Strong electrical/instrument maintenance or engineering background required.
- B.S. Degree in electrical related field preferred.
- 4+ years related experience in maintenance such as foreman, planning or reliability, and demonstrated supervisory ability OR equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Demonstrated communications/listening skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of Pulp & Wood Yard equipment, processes, and systems.
- Working knowledge and support of planning and scheduling, predictive, and preventative maintenance functions.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement.
Pulp & Paper