International Steel Manufacturer is seeking a Supervisor of Electrical Maintenance is responsible for all aspects of the electrical maintenance of the operations while following all safety procedures and policies.
Role and Responsibilities
- Evaluates the electrical performance and condition of the operations to identify potential failures and to plan preventative repairs.
- Schedule and direct union electricians
- Assist and guide union electricians in with the various types of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), hardware, program drives, PID loop controls, flow controls and flow process control.
- Assist in the planning large projects and installations.
- Assist with the preventative electrical maintenance schedule with the goal of reducing unscheduled delays and increasing productivity.
- Supervising and training the Union workforce.
- Assists in overseeing all planning, preventative maintenance, scheduled repairs and troubleshooting, required to keep the plant in operations.
- Develop solutions to problems inherent to equipment in the plant (engineer and implement changes to improve performance or eliminate problem)
- Administer and adherence to all of the company's policies and procedures and the Union contract.
- Implementation and adherence of all safety procedures which include but are not limited to, lock-out-tag out, personal protective equipment, fall protection, high voltage procedures, etc.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Four year Electrical Degree
- Minimum of five years’ experience in electrical supervision in a Steel Mill environment
- Strong abilities in managing an hourly Union workforce a plus.
- Must believe in standardization and a zealot on Safety.
- Must be results oriented and have strong critical thinking skills with the ability to identify potential problems and be proactive in addressing issues before they become problematic.
- Must possess strong leadership and communication skills