please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accountable for the electrical reliability of the 9-10" Bar Mill complex, which includes direct supervision of 9/10" Bar Mill electrical maintenance personnel to assure equipment is operational and safe to meet production, quality and cost objectives.
Essential duties and responsibilities which must be performed in order to carry out the position purpose summarized above:
- Schedule, plan and implement daily electrical maintenance activities. Assign and monitor staff to eliminate downtime and assure continuous operations.
- Supervise staff: train, schedule and assign employees, including approving vacation and managing time off; monitor performance and administer discipline.
- Authorize overtime, approve timecards and process and assure accuracy of payroll.
- Perform scheduled repairs; plan for outages; respond to unscheduled repair requests. Track maintenance delays.
- Develop and Implement preventative maintenance program. Schedule preventative maintenance work; secure required materials and assure provision of sufficient manpower.
- Develop and implement corrective and preventative action plans.
- Implement safety policies and procedures; make safety contacts and maintain safety records.
- Maintain work area and supervise housekeeping activities.
- Assure conformance to quality standards (calibration of equipment, etc.).
- Perform emission tests on combustion systems. Assure furnace is operating in conformance to EPA regulations.
- Assure provision of required parts; identify and select vendors, obtain quotes and make recommendations to Purchasing. Run vendor trials, if required.
- Research pricing and coordinate scheduling of outside contractors and employees on special projects.
- Coordinate annual structural inspections (Bar Mill) with external inspectors.
- Manage continuous improvement and other special projects.
- Serve on an on-call basis (24/7), responding to issues and concerns.