Electrical Reliability Engineer
PURPOSE: The Electrical Reliability Engineer provides electrical engineering support to the operating and maintenance departments at this integrated paper mill in the Mid-Atlantic. The successful candidate executes expense and capital projects, through design, implementation and maintenance phases of systems and ensures compliance with codes, utilization of standard methods for installations and exercise project engineering skills required for presentation, documentation, installation and budget control. They will leads RCFA and other reliability processes that focus on electrical systems throughout the mill.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides electrical support, troubleshooting operational systems.
- Provide engineering support for maintenance E/I technicians in electrical systems and process control.
- Provide input to the capital planning and 5-year plan allocation requests.
- Initiate, prepare and support Project Appropriation Requests, to include initiating environmental & safety reviews.
- Develop and optimize electrical power distribution equipment reliability programs.
- Initiate and prepare capital expenditure requests.
- Review the Contractors Environmental Policies and Procedures and safety requirements with contractors brought on site.
- Maintain consistent and accurate electrical documentation for DPM/DRPM through drawing review and checking procedures.
- Develop innovative solutions for complex electrical systems by analyzing problems and providing electrical engineering support for trouble resolutions following the RCFA process.
- Provide technical and back up support to the Power and Utilities Manager, focusing on energy.
- B.S. Electrical Engineering required
- 5+ years Pulp & Paper or related industry experience
- Engineering project management experience desired.
- Knowledge of high voltage, medium voltage, and low voltage electrical systems, with an emphasis on project engineering knowledge desired.
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers, distributed control systems, paper machine drive systems, and general principles of automation and computer interfacing is desired.
- Have ability to work within a timeline and conform to a budget when working on projects.
- Possess excellent communications skills, both written and oral
- Possess interpersonal relationship skills to provide effective project leadership and management.
- Demonstrated capabilities in knowledge transfer or training experience
Pulp & Paper