PURPOSE: The Electrical Reliability Engineer is responsible for developing planning and implementing activities to increase equipment efficiency and reliability to positively impact production and reduce maintenance costs at this integrated paper mill in the Southeast.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with operations and maintenance personnel
- Provide predictive and preventative maintenance support, failure analysis, root cause determination and the implementation of continuous improvement strategies using accepted best practices.
- Provide support on equipment modifications, capital projects, maintenance support for shutdowns, troubleshooting, and coordination with outside contractors and specialists
- Ensure compliance to internal and external policies, procedures and regulations and to assist external auditors
- B.S. Electrical engineering required
- 3+ years experience in Pulp and Paper or related continuous manufacturing operation
- Strong working knowledge of the paper making process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, including an ability to work collaboratively within a fast paced and structured environment.
- Good communication skills with excellent strategic thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to balance priorities that meet short and long-term objectives; uses organized and efficient work methods.
- Proficient analytical skills required as well as a strong background in MS Office and MS Project.