PURPOSE: The Electrical Project Engineer reports to the Mill Engineering Manager and works within the mill capital engineering group on capital, expansion, expense, maintenance, and process improvement projects throughout this large tissue manufacturing operation in the Southeast US. Position open due to company growth and upcoming large projects within the operation, great opportunity for career growth and development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, develop, coordinate and direct electrical engineering projects to a successful completion including meeting the monetary budget.
- Implement projects such that desired results are achieved.
- Provide electrical, controls expertise throughout the operation
- Assist maintenance and engineering teams with troubleshooting
- Adhere to mill safety regulations and promote safety in the performance of job functions.
- Install projects for ease of maintenance and operations. Provide necessary documentation and recommended spare parts.
- Ensure that adequate training is provided.
- Participate and contribute to mill improvement projects.
- Secure and direct the services of outside consultants when required.
- B. S. Electrical Engineering
- 5-10+ Years Pulp and Paper or related heavy manufacturing industry experience
- Controls, Automation, Programming, Troubleshooting experience with electrical control systems
- Previous Project Engineering and Management experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills