PURPOSE: The Capital Projects Engineer - Electrical will be exposed to all facets of pulp and paper production including wood processing, power generation, pulping, bleaching, papermaking, coating, converting and utilities. The successful candidate will have the desire to work in all facets of electrical engineering support including managing capital projects. This position will be responsible for completing Electrical Capital Projects throughout this integrated operation and supporting maintenance and operations efforts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that all projects are carried out safely, participate in departmental safety audits, work in a proactive manner to identify, correct, and coach unsafe conditions or actions that are observed
- Provide Electrical Engineering expertise and guidance to the mill team
- Provide project management leadership for capital projects
- Develop and maintain 5 year budget for Electrical Control Projects
- Work with in-mill and Regional Engineering Organization resources as needed to develop detailed engineering designs for projects
- Coordinate maintenance and project construction activities to ensure quality while minimizing process-related downtime
- Assist assigned areas in developing capital spending plans, including cost estimates and justifications
- Interact with area mechanical and E/I craftspeople in supporting day-to-day operations to help resolve difficult technical problems affecting mill operations
- Participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis and Failure Mode and Effects Analysis to help operations and maintenance resolve outstanding issues
- B.S. Electrical Engineering
- 5 to 15+ years of Pulp & Paper or related heavy manufacturing industry experience
- Strong technical, problem solving, decision-making, project management, and computer skills. Mechanical background also preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and work in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple time sensitive projects and issues
- GE and Rockwell Drive and PLC based systems
- Knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project
- Self-starter able to work effectively with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Experience in capital project management in an industrial environment
- Knowledge of pulp and paper production processes