Electrical Project Engineer
PURPOSE: The Electrical Project Engineer will manage multiple capital and maintenance projects at this paper manufacturing operation on the West coast. Responsible for providing professional E&I project engineering support, leadership, and services in the analysis, planning, and control of the manufacturing process.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage multiple capital and maintenance projects, including design, purchasing, contract, and construction management, financial and documentation.
- Provide E&I project-engineering support to the mechanical project engineers on their projects.
- Assist in the attainment of general mill goals by serving on special teams or supplying teams with necessary technical support.
- Assist maintenance on an as needed basis to assist in troubleshooting electrical issue
- Prepare formal engineering specifications for equipment or services to upgrade machines.
- Prepare cost estimates and proposals for upgrades to machines.
- Prepare engineering drawings, computer programs, and other information to upgrade machines.
- Effectively coordinates work with other groups within the company.
- Reviews others’ work to insure it is compatible with the design and meets contract requirements.
- Applies knowledge of electric power and control systems to specified designs.
- Ability to create, program or modify/edit PLC code, drives, and other complex programming
- Design and apply motors, motor controllers and VSD’s.
- Identifying and addressing key reliability issues, removing constraints; explores new reliability technologies and determines if viable for the mill Conducts him/herself in a manner consistent with safety for all parties and promotes safe working practices - personnel and machines.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree Electrical Engineer required
- Minimum five years of Project Management experience
- Ability to manage multiple construction projects and contracts
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific or technical materials; ability to effectively present information to top management and all levels of the employee population
- Knowledge of electrical distribution, VFD’s and PLC’s
- Knowledgeable in Excel, various Microsoft Programs, Autocad or other CAD programs, Allen Bradley Software
Pulp & Paper