One of the largest steel manufacturers is currently seeking an Electrical Maintenance Shift Manager.
- Supervise Electrical Maintenance employees, oversee completion of work assignments and follow established department plans.
- Participate in the manufacturing, safety, and environmental programs to ensure a safe work environment.
- Adhere to the Quality Policy to promote continuous improvement of our products, processes and services.
- Maintain effective and consistent work performance, even under uncertain or unstructured conditions in the face of stress.
- Identify basic problem(s), gather the appropriate information, and analyze in an effective manner.
- Make decisions with a clear business focus on safety, environmental, quality, productivity, and costs.
- Perform safety and quality audits/observations within the department to detect existing or potential accident hazards, or quality defects.
- Assist in the development, review, and update of JSHA's (Job Safety and Health Analysis) to eliminate safety hazards.
- Day turn position but candidate must be able to be on call to support 24/7 production environment as needed (rotational basis).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent education/experience preferred.
- 5+ years in an industrial maintenance environment preferred.
- Supervisory experience in a union environment and/or in heavy industry preferred.
- Experience in GE and Reliance Digital Drives; PLC experience & DC Motors.
- Exposure to Quality (TS16949), Environmental (ISO 14001);
- Strong safety orientation including (OSHA) supervisory training, JSHA's, & lockout/tryout.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, and make decisions.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- High Voltage experience preferred.