A Steel Manufacturer in Western PA is looking for an Electrical Maintenance Supervisor. The Supervisor Electrical Maintenance is responsible for directly supervising electrical maintenance activities for the area, guaranteeing the reliability of electrical assets through a collaborative team effort with other departments.
- Assists in the development, implementation and enforcement of plant safety practices that promote an injury and accident free workplace.
- Supports Reliability Centered Maintenance by the use of Computer Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) and executes Preventive, Predictive, Condition Based Monitoring and Run to Failure maintenance techniques.
- Troubleshoots electrical equipment and system failures, assists in root cause analysis of such failures and assists in formulating and execution of solutions.
- Supports the attainment of baseline electrical maintenance metrics.
- Supports the Engineering department with capital project implementation to meet completion schedules and budgets while supporting operational and maintenance needs.
- Manages and mentors direct reports and implements positive change in the workforce.
- Determines appropriate electrical maintenance staffing levels to accomplish maintenance task loads and the use of outside contractors as needed for planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
- Supervises electrical maintenance personnel for routine installation, maintenance and repair activities to include major maintenance outages, planned and unplanned activities.
- Generates electrical employee schedules and job assignments.
- Requisitions supplies, equipment and spare parts for the department.
- Maintains required documentation.
- Identifies skills/training needs for maintenance personnel and assists in the development and implementation of training programs.
- Follows all applicable laws and regulations to include but not limited to OSHA, EPA/DEP, etc.
- Attends and fully participates in required meetings.
- Interfaces and communicates with bargaining unit (union) employees in compliance with the current collective bargaining agreement (Union Contract) which may include participation in the grievance process up to step 1.
- Follows all company policies as outlined in the current Policies & Procedures for Salaried Employees Manual and any applicable amendments.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Two or Four year degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, Journeyman (or related experience)
- Has experience in the use of Computer Maintenance Management Software (CMMS)
- Competent in other computer software including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and AutoCAD.
- Is trained in the use of condition diagnostic techniques including: vibration analysis, oil analysis, ultrasonic testing, and thermographic testing.