An international steel manufacturer is seeking an Electrical Maintenance Supervisor. This individual will be responsible for directly supervising electrical maintenance activities for the area, guaranteeing the reliability of electrical assets through a collaborative team effort with other departments. The Supervisor is committed to safety and embraces change to drive continuous improvement in the organization.
- Assists in the development, implementation and enforcement of plant safety practices that promote an injury and accident free workplace.
- Supervises electrical maintenance personnel for routine installation, maintenance and repair activities to include major maintenance outages, planned and unplanned activities.
- Generates electrical employee schedules and job assignments.
- Requisitions supplies, equipment and spare parts and repairs for the department.
- Supports Reliability Centered Maintenance by the use of Computer Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) and executes Preventive, Predictive, Condition Based Monitoring and Run to Failure maintenance techniques.
- Troubleshoots electrical equipment and system failures, assists in root cause analysis of such failures and assists in formulating and execution of solutions.
- Supports the Engineering department with capital project implementation to meet completion schedules and budgets while supporting operational and maintenance needs.
- Manages and mentors direct reports and implements positive change in the workforce.
- Determines appropriate electrical maintenance staffing levels to accomplish maintenance task loads and the use of outside contractors as needed for planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
- Maintains required documentation.
- Identifies skills/training needs for maintenance personnel and assists in the development and implementation of training programs.
- Follows all applicable laws and regulations to include but not limited to OSHA, EPA/DEP, etc.
- Attends and fully participates in required meetings.
- Interfaces and communicates with bargaining unit (union) employees in compliance with the current collective bargaining agreement (Union Contract) which may include participation in the grievance process up to step 1.
- Follows all company policies as outlined in the current NLMK Policies & Procedures for Salaried Employees Manual and any applicable amendments.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Two or Four year degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, Journeyman (or related experience)
- Has experience in the use of Computer Maintenance Management Software (CMMS)
- Competent in other computer software including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and AutoCAD.
- Is trained in the use of condition diagnostic techniques including: vibration analysis, oil analysis, ultrasonic testing, and thermographic testing.