Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Electrical Maintenance Specialist will install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment which could include programmable controllers. Connect power supply wiring to machines and equipment. Diagnose malfunctioning electrical issues on all equipment including transformers, motors, and PLCs. Perform general maintenance on facility electrical systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists with installation of new equipment as well as moving existing machines.
• Deal with PLC (Programmable Logic Controllers) and associated process equipment.
• Utilize specialized test equipment/programmers to expedite troubleshooting and repair.
• Troubleshoot/install/repair complex industrial electronic controls and controls used on industrial machinery.
• Analyze symptoms and measurements of malfunctioning machines and isolate problems and implement corrective actions to repair.
• Troubleshoot, detect, and replace faulty component in a wide range of industrial equipment.
• Assist with upgrading the existing electrical system (110V, 220V, 480V)
• Participates in future projects, including but not limited to building new facilities, telecommunications, moving equipment and installing new equipment.
• Works effectively with internal customers and contractors
• Effective problem solving skills with viable solutions under moderate supervision
• Install, maintain, modify and repair all electrical distribution systems and associated electrical equipment
• Remain in compliance with current National Electric Code
• Inspect and test components of electrical systems, including transformers, transfer switches and switch gears
• Complete work orders and record material utilized on jobs
• Run computer cables, connect computer jacks and plugs and test for adequate operation
• Utilize blueprints, wiring diagrams and manufacturer’s installation manuals to complete assigned projects
• Survey electrical systems, circuits and plans
• High school diploma/GED required
• 5+ years’ experience in the electrical trade
• Experience in the interrelationship of analog, digital and other control systems used in industrial equipment, controls, and operations
• Able to read and troubleshoot using electrical/mechanical schematics
• Electrical Certification
• Able to work well on a team
• Excellent hand-eye coordination
• Demonstrable knowledge and skills for electrical installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. As an ITAR regulated facility all candidates must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current U.S. Permanent Residency card. Magellan offers a generous benefits package with eligibility after the first month of employment.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!