Electrical Maintenance Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES:This is a great opportunity for someone looking to join the maintenance team with an industry leader in the cement manufacturing industry. The cement plant is looking for someone who is hardworking and dedicated to become part of our team. This position will be responsible for the overall management of the Electrical and Automation functions of the plant. The Electrical Maintenance Manager (Electric and Automation) reports to the Assistant Plant Manager. Some of the specific duties include:
- Provide leadership to electricians and trades helpers in the repair and installation of electrical and control systems. Oversee daily process problem solving and measurement activities to ensure the continuous operation of the plant.
- Design and manage projects in the area of electrical and automation engineering. Responsible for the project in terms of quality, cost and time to ensure that specific plant needs are met and the project deliverables are achieved.
- Develop and control the plant's electrical maintenance budget to provide the necessary resources to conduct preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance activities and to contribute to the cost-effective operation of the business.
- Provide oversight and leadership to the Electrical and Automation function of the plant through the following:
- Develop a long-term plan for the Electrical Maintenance Department that is consistent with the direction and goals of the plant and company. The plan must be coordinated with the plant management team toward the continuous improvement of the plant.
- Develop an overall maintenance plan to maximize productivity and minimize downtime.
- Review the design of electrical / automation installations and manage overall electrical maintenance activities to provide for continuous plant operations.
- Coordinate plant projects and shutdowns to ensure the timely and quality completion of the project and minimize downtime.
- Oversee all process control system upgrades and changes in alignment with plant and project objectives to meet productivity goals.
- Develop process control systems and electrical power distribution system design packages to improve the operational viability of the plant.
- Specify AC/DC drive systems to ensure proper interface and equipment specifications are met.
- Advise plant management in the field of electric and automation engineering for optimization of plant operations.
- Maintain records, updated technical documentation and drawings created by CAD systems for reference.
- Provide expertise in the troubleshooting and diagnosis of plant system problems to achieve minimal disruptions in operations.
- Adhere to the Collective Bargaining Agreement as it pertains to the scheduling of Maintenance activities to minimize grievances while still achieving operational goals.
- Proactively manage safety and health for all members of the electrical department through the implementation of programs and systems necessary to ensure a safe working environment, safety accountability and continuous improvement in safety and health performance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required, Electrical Engineering preferred
- Minimum 8 years professional experience in the field of electrical or systems engineering and project management
- Minimum 5 years experience in providing support for cement manufacturing or heavy manufacturing preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products; Excel, Word, Access, and Project
- Good working knowledge of SAP
- Demonstrated experience in leadership and project management, problem solving and creativity, strategic thinking, decision making, and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of CAD software (design of electrical installations)
- Familiar with PLC/DCS and HMI architecture
Cement & Lime