Steel Manufacturer has an immediate opportunity for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer - Steelmaking.
- Responsible for the complete design of electrical systems for upgrades to new and existing equipment.
- Responsible for the electrical system concepts, drawing development, equipment specification, system control concepts and flow diagrams.
- Project supervision for electrical portion of systems purchased from outside mechanical and/or electrical equipment suppliers.
- Responsible for all required programming, installation design, start-up, and final documentation.
- On a day-to-day basis include technical support of maintenance in troubleshooting equipment breakdowns.
- Responsible for Power Distribution from Medium Voltage Substations and 480 Volt Substations to distributed Motor Control Centers and the loads they feed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- At least 3 years experience in a heavy industrial environment.
- Co-op or related experience in system design, programming, and startup of industrial equipment.
- Experience should include but not be limited to programming and implementation of Programmable Logic Controllers, AC/DC motor drives, Human Machine Interface, and industrial component networking.
- Experience with Rockwell/Allen Bradley PLC, Siemens S7 PLC, and/or Siemens and Rockwell AC/DC drives.
- Experience in the steelmaking process is beneficial.
- AutoCAD experience is preferred.
- Experience with 250 VDC motor control and overhead crane controls is beneficial.