The electrical estimator position is responsible for thoroughly reviewing all project documentation received during the bid process, compiling a detailed takeoff, generating an accurate estimate, and preparing a well-written proposal. This position is not responsible for sales, nor is it responsible for generating bidding opportunities. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in industrial and control-based estimating.
Location: Rockford, Il
- Upon notification from the Branch Manager that a project will be bid, gather all documentation from the client and organize said data within our procedural guidelines.
- Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to a particular bid or project.
- Provide complete conceptual and final estimating input on complex projects.
- Review proposal specifications, and drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc., to determine the scope of work and required contents of the project estimate.
- Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc., into the unit and person-hour figures.
- Prepare estimates by calculating the complete takeoff of the scope of work using the estimating software.
- Ascertain any risks related to the estimate to guarantee that provisions are made for those risks in the tender.
- Ensure that estimates are complete, well-organized, and ready for review before the deadline.
- Provide accurate, timely, and complete estimates and change order quotations.
- Maintain files of working documents as backups.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- 5+ years experience with commercial and industrial electrical estimating required.
- Successful track record estimating and negotiating large, complex projects.
- Thorough knowledge of company procedures, counting techniques, and estimating software. Accubid preferred.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, purchase orders, contracts, cost coding systems, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in managing multi-disciplined projects are a plus.
- Strong conceptual estimating skills with limited information.
- Understanding plans and specifications.
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
Salary Range : $70-90KClick here to apply online