The Estimator position is responsible for supporting the sales staff on estimates. These efforts include job walk-throughs, drawing take-offs, subcontractor pricing, material pricing, labor estimates, proposal scope development, and bid coordination. Primary responsibilities will involve estimating EV infrastructure projects at customer locations. Experience working with both AC and DC (including High Power DC) is critical. Experience working with fleet charging preferred.
- Estimating and developing proposals for new projects.
- Responsible for reviews of estimates and proposals with appropriate leadership teams
- Responsible to review proposals with clients and drive to close.
- Responsible to ensure that estimates are accurate.
- Work with Engineering Manager in maintaining a library of estimates based on style and type of job.
- Update and Maintain Bid Calendar.
- Reviewing and analyzing mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Obtain equipment, subcontractor, and material pricing with an accurate labor estimate for projects.
- Responsible to qualify bid opportunities based on workloads and core capabilities.
- Ensure the Proposal review process is followed prior to release of proposal.
- Manage proposal scope development and bid coordination.
- Attend project site visits and pre-bid meetings, as required.
- Provide estimating support for the sales staff.
- Responsible to attend networking and training events as it relates to sales and estimating.
- Be able to work and thrive in a TEAM environment.
- Required to travel to job sites to perform an onsite evaluation of facility and equipment identified in the Customer’s scope of work and/or to assist internal customers with estimating projects, contracts or proposals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Job duties may be modified at any time.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS *
- 2+ years of experience in electrical estimating
- Prior experience with Estimating software a plus
- Microsoft Office proficiency
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Click here to apply online