Electrical Engineering Manager
Position: Electrical Engineering Manager
Locations: Fairburn, GA
POSITION SUMMARY: Electrical Engineering Manager plans, organizes, directs, and controls the Electrical Engineering processes from pre-contract sales support through customer acceptance of deliverables to meet quality, schedule, and cost commitments and targeted contract profitability while providing worry-free customer experiences either personally or through subordinates
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Directs department activities to design new electrical products, modify existing electrical designs, improve production techniques, and develop electrical test procedures across multiple projects.
- Develops, implements, and maintains plans and procedures of the Electrical Engineering Department to support and continuously improve quality, schedule, and budget commitments to customers to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Develops positive relationships with customers, consultants, end users, and suppliers for support and collaboration. Maintains healthy relationships with internal company departments and offices.
- Develops and maintains quality and quantity of staff to meet marketplace needs through training and performance management while meeting utilization and project application targets.
- Resolves problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts and extends departmental capabilities beyond The company's direct influence. Uses outsourced resources effectively.
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve electrical market position and develops recommendations accordingly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed safely.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Manages staff and departmental expenses to meet budget goals.
- Forecasts the department's operating costs and provides feedback on preparing department budgets and budget requests.
- Manages two non-supervisory employees in the Electrical Engineering Department. Is responsible for the unit's overall direction, coordination, and evaluation. Carries out supervisory responsibilities by the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
BSEE (Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering)
· Work-Related Experience:
10+ years of Electrical Engineering or comparable experience within the OEM (Machine Building) Industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the following:
- Concepts and practices in electrical systems fabrication and installation.
- Design and troubleshooting, including 240V/480V/575V 3-phase primary voltage systems and 120 VAC/24VDC control voltage systems used within the industrial equipment manufacturing industry.
- Electrical design, implementation, troubleshooting, motor controls, PC/PLCs, industrial networks, electric power, motor control (starters, VFDs, DC), instrumentation, and mechanical systems
- familiar with programming software and control system platforms; primarily RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, Studio 5000, Factory Talk View Studio
- demonstrated experience in planning, scheduling, and controlling departmental assignments.
- Extensive AUTOCAD ELECTRICAL experience.
· Certification and licenses:
· Professional Engineer (PE)
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify plans; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem-Solving - Identifies and resolves problems promptly; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to build knowledge and skills continuously; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Response to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Click here to apply online