Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Electrical Engineering position at our plant in Winnipeg, MB, working on Analog Design for Space Systems.
The successful applicant will work in a team environment to support satellite bus development. This Engineer will work with a small team of electrical engineers engaged in the design, specification and procurement of electrical subsystems.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Design, implementation, and simulation/verification of analog logic systems in existing and new products developments.
- Performing sensitivity, reliability, failure mode, parts stressing and worst case analyses to determine the optimum approach for the design, and to predict performance of the system for the expected operational and environmental conditions.
- Developing and executing test plans for electronics system verification and acceptance.
- Generating manufacturing drawings and documentation.
- Supporting prototype manufacture.
- Supporting or performing unit level and spacecraft level testing.
- Analyzing and interpreting test results and preparing summary reports.
- Liaising with vendors providing parts or performing manufacture.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- University degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in analog design is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) design and control issues. An understanding of Electro-Static Discharge (ESD) would be advantageous.
- Electrical Systems Design is considered an asset.
- Strong team player, enthusiastic, with a willingness to learn and contribute to challenging space projects.
- Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Eligible for registration with APEGM.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.