Works closely with Government Utilities Manager to oversee the High Voltage Electrical Generation, Transmission and Distribution System at Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay in Southeastern Georgia. Duties include Fault Current Analysis, Breaker Coordination, Arc Flash analysis based on OSHA 1910.269 “Electrical Generation, Transmission and Distribution” and Job Plan development for Preventive and Predictive Maintenance activities.
Provide guidance, training, and support to High Voltage Electricians to adjust breaker settings, program relays, adjust transformer tap settings, plan outages, determine grounding locations and develop switching procedures. Provides support for repairs to HV switches, substations, power poles, overhead and underground power lines, transformers. Provides support for connection of Navy Vessels to shore power. Utilizes NEC, IEEE Standards and Navy Standards in execution of job duties.
Evaluates Ultrasound and Thermography findings to determine the appropriate corrective actions for repair.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited school and 5 years’ experience with High Voltage Electrical Generation Plants, Transmission and Distribution Systems and SCADA Systems or Masters degree with 3 years of experience or PhD with 1 year experience.
Preferred: Engineer-In-Training (EIT), Professional Engineers (PE) License,
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position (specify and provide % of time required)
- Lifting: 5
- Climbing: 5
- Crawling: 5
- Special clothing/equipment (wearing): Fire Resistant clothing and Arc Flash Gear when required
- Unusual physical requirements: N/A
- High noise level: N/A
Description of Work Environment (specify and provide % of time required)
- Inside? Outside? Combination? Where?: 25% outside, 75% inside
- Extreme (hot/cold) temperatures involved: Summers can be 95 degrees +
- Hazardous conditions – What are they?: HV substations and equipment rooms
- Travel/transportation requirements: Valid US Driver’s license
Equipment and Machines Involved in Work Tasks (specify and provide % of time required)
- Office equipment/machines electrically/battery operated – which?: Computer
- Vehicles, forklifts, etc. operated which?: N/A
- Tools used in trade – which ones?: Electrical Meters (Voltage, Current, Oscilloscope)
Criticality of Attendance (specify and provide % of time required)
- Overtime, regular days, off days: 2%
- Shift, 1st, 2nd, 3rd: 1st
- Necessity for regular attendance: Yes
- Urgency for punctuality: Very