We have a great client outside of Chicago in need of an Electrical Engineer, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the following;
- Responsible for providing engineering expertise to support the design, installation, commissioning, validation and operation of the plant electrical systems.
- Review and lead utility equipment replacement as part of the life cycle improvement process and continuous improvement initiative planning.
- Provide technical support to operations, maintenance, manufacturing, automation, quality assurance, validation, reliability engineering and project engineering.
- Lead investigations as the subject matter expert providing technical expertise for all phases associated with the operation and troubleshooting of the utility systems.
- Perform utility inspections for quality assurance on a periodic basis and initiate any procedures necessary to resolve problems.
- Support the planning and execution of activities by working in cross-functional teams. Assist in driving projects to completion to meet timeline and budget objectives.
- Develop preventative maintenance procedures for utility systems in collaboration with the Reliability Engineering department ensuring maintenance programs are implemented
- Create plans, perform equipment selection, load calculations and power system studies.
- Periodically review and update the Short Circuit Coordination Study.
- Responsible for the WAGES implementation, continuous monitoring and database reporting system. Monitor and track equipment capacities, system loads, flow rates, plant output reporting metrics in dashboards.
- Communicate with external utility energy consultants in assessing actions to reduce energy consumption.
- Supports the Global Utilities, Sustainability and Waste Management Excellence Program.
- Responsible for change controls, CAPAs, risk assessments, Safety and Regulatory Agency Audits.
- Complies with requirements from CSL Behring’s Safety Program, including Health and Safety mandates and OSHA requirements.
- Completes any other duties/responsibilities assigned by senior management.
- Position Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Provide hiring requirements for the specified position, including educational, experiential and competency requirements necessary for the position.
Education Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering role in support of a large industrial, pharmaceutical, biotechnology or FDA regulated facility.
- Must possess basic knowledge of core principles in various engineering disciplines (fluid mechanics, heat transfer, thermodynamics etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of electrical design standards, IEEE, NFPA requirements and other codes related to design, safety and maintenance.
- Must have design and working experience with electrical power distribution at 115kV, 15kV and 480v.
- Must have design and working experience for the following types of equipment as a minimum: Generators, Switchgears, UPS, Inverters, Automatic Transfer Switches, Transformers, Harmonic Filters, Variable Frequency Drives, Motor Control Centers (MCC’s), Motor Starters, Interior and Exterior Lighting and Power Management System.
- Experience performing Power Systems Studies using analysis software. (SKM Power Tools Preferred).
- Experience in electrical and instrumentation design in hazardous and clean room locations.
- Knowledge of utility systems (Clean and Plant Utility Systems), cGMP and FDA regulated environments.
- Experience with Quality Management and Change Control Systems.
- Knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
- Computer skills: MS Project and AutoCAD preferred
Click here to apply online