Manages and supports the implementation of capital projects throughout the plant. The position supports the plant electrical reliability, and improvement efforts.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Accountable for project results including safety, budget, schedule, reliability, and technical performance of individually assigned projects.
· Manage large and small capital and repair projects from concept to implementation
· Assists with Reliability of Power Distribution system including definition, review, and coordination of Electrical Power system preventative/predictive maintenance activities.
· Assists with maintaining coordination, short circuit, power flow, stability, and ARC Flash databases and records for the Electrical Power Distribution system.
· Assists in the development of the annual capital improvement program budgets.
· Assists in the development of the 5-year capital plan.
· Follow Company process for project delivery and development of capital investment proposals.
· Plan, schedule and track project timelines, cost and milestones.
· Manage all detailed design and construction of assigned projects.
· Responsible for all aspects of Contractor Management (safety, quality, schedule, and cost) on assigned projects.
· Coordinate all type of process design activities including equipment sizing, design of PFD’s and P&ID’s, loop sheets, E/I diagram, single lines, process control, instrument specifications and operating/maintenance manuals.
· Review and understand equipment and instrumentation/electrical specifications to ensure equipment and materials are procured and installed as per Regulatory requirements (OSHA, EPA, NFPA 70, NEC, etc).
· Collaborate with operations and maintenance departments on scope development and implementation.
· Organize multi-discipline project teams of the appropriate resources and lead them to safe and successful implementation.
· Coordinate and assist in checkout and start-up activities.
· Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
· Project status reporting to project team and mill management.
· Problem solving and support to mill operations and maintenance.
· Assists in the education, development and/or instruction/guidance of Technicians
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in pulp or paper operations or equivalent manufacturing facility in an electrical capacity
· BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with 3 years electrical experience preferred.
· Good communication skills, both verbal and written to constructively interact with mill teams, project teams, and management.