ELECTRICAL ENGINEER - BUILDING MATERIALS
The primary focus of this position is to execute tasks and assignments in the area of electrical equipment delivering solutions and adding value. This position will support the plant strategy to reach team goals and priorities.
- Required Education: Bachelor or Undergraduate Degree
- Additional Education Preferred: Masters or Graduate Degree
- Field of Study Preferred: Electrical Engineering
- Required Work Experience: 3 to 7 years plant maintenance position in a heavy industry, preferably in Cement operations
- Required Computer and Software Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Tabware
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Act a role model and be safety conscious and proactive in contributing to a safety culture.
- Provide a high level of support for safety specifically with safety observations, assessments, and audits.
- Review major electrical safety incidents using root cause analysis and serious event reviews.
- Manage the Electrical Maintenance Department including the process programmer.
- Lead and provide technical expertise to the electrical department on the fields of grinding equipment
- Participate in the creation of preventative maintenance routines (PMRs) and bills of materials (BOMs) for electrical equipment
- Prepare engineering scope of work for plant electrical projects
- Conduct economic and operational feasibility studies on proposed electrical modifications and additions.
- Update and maintain the existing Electrical PM routines and adjust according to equipment history and electrical availability.
- Research and recommend new preventative maintenance (PM) procedures based on newly developed technologies.
- Use SAP to purchase parts and services, review work orders, analyze reports and manage capital projects related to electrical project management and PM development.
- Interface with contractors utilized in project work, including solicitation of quotes, selection and field direction.
- Prepare cost estimates and justifications for the capital plan.
- Maintain a standard set of specifications for consistent application related to modifications or additions.
- Maintain, organize, prepare, review and revise Electrical drawings as required.
- Complete objectives according to schedule and manage costs in accordance with budget.
- Develop skills and obtain necessary training to fill in as required for Maintenance Managr.
- Prevent downtime due to faults; analyzing HMI and programming performance to both extending the life of existing PCS and facilitate eventual replacement.
- Support installation of new plant equipment from conception to operation. Assure integration of new systems into plant operations.
- Use of the PCS to provide information for management or other reporting functions (high degree of involvement with environmental reporting and permit compliance)
- Work closely with Process Engineers to analyze, improve, and document all aspects of operations.
- Responsible for integration, maintenance, and application of systems such as LINKman, as well as incorporation of equipment areas previously outside PCS scope, conversion of relay logic systems and replacement or integration of PLCs.
- Demonstrate teamwork, ensuring openness and respect for others, and welcome feedback.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Preventive maintenance techniques
- Planning and scheduling experience
- Budgeting and cost management
- Extensive knowledge of high and low voltage power distribution systems, weighing, PLC control and machinery interlocking systems, variable speed drives and motor control systems
- Working knowledge of PLC programming and process control systems is preferred (Modicon Siemens, Allen Bradley). Experience in instrumentation, motors, starters and VFD’s, communication networks (Modbus, Modbus Plus, Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, etc.). Experience in working with voltage up to 4160kV
- Experience with Preworks- preferred
- Able to make decisions on electrical safety matters
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- High initiative, self-starter
- Strong planning and organizing ability