PURPOSE: The Electrical Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager and has the overall responsibility for mill-wide electrical engineering projects and processes. Will work with Maintenance on developing, implementing and sustaining reliability plans and programs to reduce unscheduled equipment downtime and improve overall process reliability. Position includes all aspects of project management including: scope development, estimating, planning, design, scheduling, construction and budget management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in developing capital project programs for new equipment and major repairs / replacements.
- Prepare specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Develop budgets, estimating labor, material, and construction costs, and forecasts.
- Oversee project efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time and within budget.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
- Investigate internal customer complaints, determine nature and extent of problem, and recommend remedial measures.
- Assist Maintenance in designating and implementing projects to help maintain and improve electrical, electrical distribution, switch gear, instruments, equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems.
- Assist in establishing engineering service providers
- Troubleshoot chronic issues and develop action plans to minimize impact on equipment availability.
- Manage Capital Projects. Track project spend and manage within budget. Acquire spending estimates and create forecasts.
- Manage contractors and approve time sheets.
- Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering from accredited college or university.
- Requires minimum of 3-5+ years of engineering and maintenance experience.
- 3-5+ years’ Pulp & Paper industry experience
- Strong communication skills, leadership skills-relationship building, and group facilitation skills.
- The ability to actively listen and provide feedback to others.
- Business presence, ability to work through others, technical presence, computer skills, and strong project management.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and understand systems such as SAP, PI, CAD, etc.
- Ability to adapt to and work in a variety of situations to support the organizational goals.